Crowns & Bridges
At St. Andrew’s Dental Centre in Aurora, we are pleased to announce that we now offer same day crowns – while you wait! Contact us now for a consulation and free, friendly advice.
Restorative dentistry seeks to improve the function and appearance of damaged teeth as well as to replace missing teeth. There are many different dental treatments which may be classified as restorative. Most common among these are crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures.
What is a Dental Crown?
If a tooth has been broken, or weakened by a lot of decay or a large filling, a dental cosmetic or restorative crown can be fitted. We can match the artificial crown to the shape and colour of your other teeth so that it looks natural and beautiful. The crown will last for many years, depending on the health of the tooth underneath.
What are Same Day Dental Crowns?
Same day crowns or CEREC dental crowns are crowns that are produced in the office using advanced computer aided design and modelling technology.
What is the Difference Between Same Day Crowns and Traditional Crowns?
CEREC crowns offer a few advantages:
- They are made at the office while you wait that means you save time by not having multiple appointments
- There are no temporary crowns to wear while you wait for days and weeks
- No uncomfortable gooey putty for impressions which is great news if you have a strong gag reflex
- More natural looking results because it is contoured accurately using the latest in computer aided design and modelling
- Offers a better fit to your tooth
What are dental bridges?
A dental bridge consists of artificial teeth which are permanently fixed to healthy supporting teeth on either side of the gap. A dental bridge is used to replace missing teeth, restoring appearance and function. A cosmetic or restorative dental bridge can be made from either porcelain, metal or both. When preparing a conventional dental bridge, we need to prepare the teeth on either side of the gap so that they will successfully hold the bridge in place.